NORTH LAKE LAND OWNERS ASSOCIATION
ARTICLE I NAME
The name of the Association shall be North Lake Land Owners Association, Williamson County, Texas.
ARTICLE II PURPOSE
This Association shall be formed for the purpose of promoting the general welfare and common interests of the land owners of the North Lake Subdivision and through majority support, to promote the following:
1. Restrictions – Enforce the use restriction contained in the HUD report and as recorded in Volume 668 pages 403-406 at the Williamson County Clerks Office. Also to enforce all deviations from these restrictions approved by the Restrictions Committee in accordance with paragraph 12 of the deed restrictions.
2. Water System – Extension and improvement of the water supply function in the subdivision in coordination with the Chisholm Trail Special Utility District.
3. Roads – Continually review the condition of the road system in the subdivision, including road signs and warning signs and to coordinate all road repairs and maintenance with the proper Williamson County authorities.
4. Special interests – Act as a body in contacting the County Commissioners of Williamson County and other governmental agencies relative to taxes, restrictions, security, etc.
ARTICLE III MEMBERSHIP
1. Eligibility – Anyone is eligible to become an active member of this Association with full voting and other privileges provided he/she owns a lot in North Lake Subdivision (or is purchasing a lot under contract of sale) and is otherwise qualified under such rules as the Membership Committee may provide.
2. Membership Committee – The Vice President shall be Chairman of the Membership Committee and as such shall for a Membership Committee whose function it shall be to offer membership to all eligible land-owners.
3. Good Standing – To be in good standing, a member must not be in default in the payment of dues and/or special assessments.
4. Proxies – Membership is not transferable, however, proxies are authorized for voting purposes if given to another member.
5. Voting – If land in the North Lake Subdivision is owned jointly by more that one person, only one person may vote on an issue, regardless of how many lots are owned.
6. Resignation – Active members may resign from the Association by filing a written resignation with the secretary, but such resignation shall not relieve the member for the obligation to pay any dues and/or special assessments, theretofore accrued and unpaid.
7. Corporate Membership – Any Corporation or similar organization owning land in the North Lake Subdivision may become a member by satisfying the normal membership requirements. An agent may be appointed to represent the business entity. That agent need not be a landowner of North Lake property.
ARTICLE IV DUES and ASSESSMENTS
1. Dues – Each member shall pay annual membership dues of ten (10) dollars. If land is jointly owned by more than one person, only one membership dues is required.
2. Payment date of dues – The annual dues payment is due on January 1. Checks should be made payable to North Lake Land Owners Association and forwarded to the Treasurer at the address below:
Treasurer, North Lake Land Owners Association
P.O. Box 584
Georgetown, TX 78627-0584
3. Special Assessments – Special assessments shall be approved by an affirmative vote of two-thirds (2/3) of the membership at a meeting called for such purpose. The meeting notice shall contain the purpose of the assessment, the amount, how and when to be paid, and the recommendation of the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE V MEETINGS OF MEMBERS
1. Annual Membership Meeting – There shall be a general membership meeting each year during the month of January. The time, date and place of this meeting will be determined by the Board of Directors. Notice of this meeting and any other general membership meeting will me mailed by the secretary to the last recorded address of each member at least ten (10) days prior to the time of the meeting.
2. Initial Membership Meeting – An initial membership meeting shall be called by the Board of Directors as soon as sufficient members have joined the Association. The number of members required, and the time, date and place of the meeting shall be determined by the Board of Directors; however, the date of the meeting shall not be later that July 1, 1981.
3. Special Meetings – Special meetings of the members may be called at any time by the President or the Board of Directors, or upon written request of one-forth (1/4) of all active members.
4. Quorum – One tenth (1/10) of the active members of the Association present at any meeting shall constitute a quorum. Written proxies submitted to the Secretary shall be permitted for the purpose of satisfying quorum requirements.
5. Voting – At all meetings, members may vote in person or by proxy. All proxies shall be filed with the secretary on a form requested of the secretary. Proxies shall be valid for only specific purposes and/or meetings and will terminate immediately after such meeting or purpose is voted on.
6. Agenda/Annual Meeting – At the annual membership meeting, directors will be elected, financial status will be presented, significant accomplishments will be reported on, and major projects will be discussed. Also, any other business that may come before the meeting.
ARTICLE VI BOARD OF DIRECTORS
1. Number of Directors – The business and affairs of the association shall be managed by a Board of seven (7) Directors subject to the direction and control of the membership.
2. Election-General – At each annual membership meeting the appropriate number of directors will be selected to serve two year terms.
3. Nominations – Nominations for election to the Board of Directors shall be made by a nominating committee appointed by the president. Nominations will also be made from the floor at each general membership meeting. All nominees must agree to serve and be members in good standing.
4. Ballots/Proxies – Election to the Board of Directors will be by written ballots. One ballot will be given to each voting member and one ballot will also be given to members for each valid proxy they possess. Actual vote count will be recorded in the minutes of the meeting.
5. Board Meetings – The Board of Directors shall meet at least once each month at a time and place set by the Board. Notice of board meetings will be passed to the membership each time any correspondence is mailed to the membership. Membership participation at these meetings is encouraged.
6. Removal of Director – Any Director may be removed from the Board, with or without cause, by majority vote of the membership. In the event of death, resignation, or removal of a director, his/her successor shall be selected by the remaining members of the Board and shall serve for the unexpired term of his/her predecessor.
7. Compensation – No director shall receive any compensation for any service rendered; however, any director may be reimbursed for actual expenses incurred in the performance of duties with prior approval of the Board.
8. Quorum – A majority of the number of directors in person or by duly executed proxy, shall constitute a quorum.
ARTICLE VII OFFICERS and THEIR DUTIES
1. Officers – The officers of this Association shall be a President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer, and such other officers as the Board may create. All officers shall be members of the Board of Directors.
2. Election of Officers – Election of officers shall take place at the first meeting of the Board of Directors following the annual membership meeting.
3. Term – All officers shall serve for one (1) year, except the officers selected by the Board of Directors elected at the initial membership meeting. Those officers shall serve until December 31, 1981.
4. Removal – Any officer may be removed from office with or without cause by the Board.
5. Duties – The duties of the officers shall be as follows:
a. President – The President shall preside at all meetings of the membership and the Board shall see that all orders and resolutions of the Board are carried out; shall sign all contracts, leases, mortgages, deeds and other written instruments; and shall co-sign any promissory notes.
b. Vice President – The Vice President shall act in the place and stead of the President in the event of the Presidents absence, inability or refusal to act, and shall exercise and discharge such other duties as may be required of him/her by the Board.
c. Secretary – The Secretary shall record the votes and keep the minutes of all meetings and proceedings of the Board and of the members; serve notice of meetings of the Board and the members; keep appropriate current records showing the members of the association, together with their address; and shall perform such other duties as required by the Board.
d. Treasurer – The Treasurer shall receive and deposit in appropriate bank accounts all monies of the Association and shall disburse such funds as directed by resolution of the Board; keep proper books of accounts; cause an annual audit of the Associations books at the completion of each fiscal year (calendar year) and shall prepare an annual budget and statement of income and expenditures to be presented at the annual membership meeting; and will perform such other duties as may be required by the Board.
ARTICLE VIII COMMITTEES
1. Initial Committees – The Board of Directors shall create committees as deemed appropriate to carry out the purpose of the Association. The Board of Directors shall appoint a chairman for each of the following committees as soon as possible:
a. Membership Committee – Provide a means of introducing the Association to all land owners in the North Lake Subdivision. In addition, the committee is responsible for obtaining and maintaining the membership for the Association.
b. Restriction Committee – Enforce the use restrictions contained in the HUD report and the deeds of sale for all properties with the North Lake Subdivision, and to handle concerns, complaints and suggestions on matters relative to use restrictions.
c. Roads Committee – Insure that the roads within the North Lake Subdivision are built and maintained in a standard commensurate with Williamson County standards. Coordinate with the Williamson County Commissioners in this function.
d. Water Committee – Assist the Chisholm Trail Special Utility District in the improvement and extension of the water supply function in North Lake Subdivision.
e. Communications Committee – Provide a means for communicating with all members of the North Lake Land Owners Association, plus North Lake property owners who are not members.
f. Security Committee – Provide information to improve the safety and security within the North Lake Subdivision. Arrange to provide support services to members of the Association who request any security assistance.
2. Committee Chairman Responsibilities – Each committee Chairman shall form a committee from members of the Association, and formulate written objectives, procedures and time-tables for the guidance of his committee. Chairmen will report at each meeting of the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE IX BOOKS and RECORDS
The books, records and papers of the Association shall be subject to inspection by any member upon coordination with the secretary or treasurer for an agreeable time and place. A copy of the Charter and Bylaws will be given to each member upon payment of initial dues.
ARTICLE X AMENDMENTS
1. These Bylaws may be amended at any regular or special meeting of the members by a majority vote of these present or by proxy.
2. In the case of any conflict between the Charter and the Bylaws, the Charter shall prevail.
ARTICLE XI FISCAL YEAR
The fiscal year of the association shall begin on the first day of January and end the 31st day of December each year.